Search marketing, which consists mostly of SEO (search engine optimization) and pay-per-click (PPC) advertising, is essential to any business because it remains the most cost-effective marketing in most cases. The multitude of options and the growing complexity of each option make step one merely prioritizing by cost-effectiveness. This presentation will give you an executive understanding of the search marketing field, prevent pitfalls, and prioritize the top tactics. The second half will entail Q&A and will review audience members’ websites to find immediate improvements.
Rob Laporte and his firm DISC have specialized in search marketing since 1997, and Rob is the most published author in the top print/web magazine in the field, VisibilityMagazine.com.
This workshop looks at the art that comes together each day to create the local paper and how it’s digital distribution becomes the voice of the community. We will review the capturing and recording of events artistically and how the digital age has modified the craft. Reinig Morris is director of digital marketing, Newspapers of New England
2D artists will learn about options for putting artwork on merchandise online (Print on Demand – POD). Find out about different POD choices & the variety of items one can print on. Diane will demonstrate the process of preparing for & listing an item at Zazzle. Where from there depends on participants’ needs – demos of other PODs, choosing a POD, opening a shop, marketing, tagging, prepping are possibilities.
A discussion and presentation about the digital recording revolution and how it applies to muscians, podcasters and others who are interested in setting up a personal recording system.
The workshop will focus on the new technologies of the home recording studio and how musicians can benefit from setting up a home studio. For anyone interested in the recording arts
Learn to navigate the Recorder to promote your events, businesses and organizations. This workshop will explain the how the use of our local newspaper can benefit artists, businesses and towns with wider exposure, broader participation and more reliable, consistent promotion. George Forcier is managing editor and Adam Orth is features editor of the Greenfield Recorder.
This workshop will be geared for people interested in working with youth, particularly by creating partnerships that provide youth opportunities in the arts for community benefit.
1. We will first provide an overview of Youth Action Coalition (YAC) programs and mission. YAC has 5 arts-for-change programs in 3 towns in Western MA. All programs aim to empower youth through art making, social justice education and community engagement. Our 4 pillars are “I AM, I CREATE, I BELIEVE, WE CONNECT”. (15 minutes)
2. We will continue on to describe a few of the partnerships that we’ve created, such as Girls Eye View’s work with the Domestic Violence Task Force, Get Up Get Down’s creation of murals for local businesses, visiting artist programs and youth art exhibits with, at and for local businesses. (15 min)
3. Next, we will outline a framework for thinking through these collaborations by sharing our experience and discussing key considerations. (10 min)
4. Then, we would like to break out into small groups by community or region so that audience members have a chance to brainstorm and come up with potential projects and collaborations. Each group will have a chance to share their idea. (30 min)
5. Last, we will allow time for Q&A (15 min)
This workshop will benefit artists, crafters, and artisans who would like to engage in on-line selling for the first time. The workshop will also aide those who are selling on other marketplace websites who would like to explore Etsy as a selling arena. Participants will gain basic knowledge of opening an Etsy account, creating their first “listing”, and tips for sucessful marketing and promotion.
Imagining ways to work with new partners in your community engaged cultural projects to build new audiences, new alliances, and new economic development.
Panel discussion with local musicians who have used various formats to raise money for their projects online. Focus on Kickstarter and Indiegogo and the advantages and disadvantages of these and other platforms.
Artists want to share their talents and creativity with the world, but they also want to grow their businesses and protect their works. This seminar will give participants a broad understanding of how the law applies to their arts practice and developing businesses. Artists and entrepreneurs will leave feeling empowered to share and protect their creative work in the public realm.